R&D tax incentives reward businesses in all sectors for their innovation, and the life sciences, pharma and biotech sectors are no exception. If you’re undertaking projects and finding solutions to any of the technical challenges within your business, you may be applicable for R&D tax relief.
Scientists who really understand your business
Our specialist team are more than just tax and accounting professionals, many have worked in the life sciences sector themselves, meaning we can really understand your business and the way you work.
We make sure that we have peer to peer conversations with your team so that we can accurately identify all eligible expenditure, ultimately maximising your R&D tax claims.
What counts as research and development in Life Sciences, Pharma and Biotech?
Here are some examples of projects that we’ve successfully claimed for on behalf of our clients. If these look familiar, then your business might also qualify.
Projects that quality for R&D tax relief include:
- Development of new applications for existing drugs or devices.
- Establishing new manufacturing processes where technology is employed or new manufacturing techniques used.
- Development or improvement of experimental assays/protocols and disease models.
- Designing and developing certain hardware and software systems for use in research and clinical development.
- Biological screening and pharmacological testing.
- Development of new or improved pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals or medical devices.
- Development of reagents, devises and equipment for the testing of drugs or patient samples.
- Toxicology and safety testing.
- Design of protocols for clinical trials phases I-III, potentially phase IV.
- Development of new methods/formulations for drug delivery, or improvement of existing ones.
Why choose Ayming?
Our R&D specialists can:
- Increase your claim value
- Streamline your processes significantly
- Make sure your claims are robust and low-risk
With a 100% claim acceptance rate and over 15,000 R&D projects analysed every year worldwide, we’ll do all the heavy lifting and make sure your claims are fully optimised as well as safeguarded against HMRC enquiries.