Helping flagship MFC manufacturing plant project, EXILVA, achieve H2020 funding
“The great skills and competence at Ayming contributed to our BBI-project/Horizon2020-Exilva as both a partner and consultant"
- Jarle Wikeby, EXILVA Coordinator, Borregaard
The EXILVA project involves the set-up and running of the first industrial scale plant for producing microfibrillated cellulose (MFC). Its objectives are to produce and sell the MFC for use in applications like paint, coatings, adhesives, personal care, home care, agricultural chemicals and more.
The role of Ayming in this project is as follows:
- Identify and integrate additional partners
- Ensure partnership dynamics
- Analyse market and economic impacts of the project, exploitation and business plans
- Identify economic and technical risks
- Define objectives, concept and results of the project
- Analyse and assess technical and financial requests from the financing authority
- Collect administrative (legal documents) and financial information
- Support project management (meeting, technical and financial reporting, KPIs etc.)
The EXILVA project runs from 2016 - 2019 and was successful in securing €27.5million.
This project has received funding from the Bio Based Industries Joint Undertaking under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 709746.