Ayming is hiring for a newly-created team within our industry-leading R&D Incentives practice. You’ll have the chance to work with some of the country’s most innovative companies, helping our clients claim vital tax relief for their growing businesses. We’ve created a whole new R&D tax methodology, based on silicon-valley design sprints, which allows our clients to claim in record time without compromising on Ayming’s high-quality standards.
Senior R&D Tax Consultant: Sprint Claims
Location: More London Riverside, London Bridge, SE1
Ayming has developed a new approach to the preparation of R&D claims to increase efficiency, particularly for smaller claims. The process allows us to complete a claim within one week and reduce the complexity of deliverables without reducing quality. In particular, this process eliminates all unnecessary elements from a claim. It focuses on value delivery to a client through the creation of a highly optimised project programme.
In 2021, Ayming intends to build on Sprint Claim’s successful launch by building a larger, dedicated team. Therefore, we are looking for individuals who have a strong focus on efficiency and are keen to use a process-driven approach to hit ambitious targets.
Crucially, this role allows consultants to lead and deliver entire claims by themselves and, therefore, offers an unparalleled opportunity for growth through increased depth of experience and working directly with the senior leadership team, the sales team, and external and internal stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have worked within the R&D space for at least 2-3 years.
Main purpose of the job:
The Consultant will be responsible for providing specialist advice to Ayming UK’s clients on R&D tax reliefs, including the technical, tax and financial aspects of the relief schemes. A key element of the role will be managing and preparing written reports supporting claims for R&D tax reliefs.
The Consultant will be expected to maintain excellent client relationships across a portfolio of cases and may be asked to support the sales team in business development, proposals and other sales activities.
In particular, the Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients/targets at all stages of the sales and production process to discuss R&D reliefs. This is likely to include both finance and senior technical contacts.
- Interviewing in-house technical staff to understand their activities to permit an assessment to be made as to whether the activity is eligible R&D for tax purposes.
- Working with the relevant client contacts to gather detailed financial, HR and any other data to facilitate the relief calculation. Where necessary, this will include designing methodologies for quantifying the eligible R&D expenditure.
- Preparing and reviewing structured reports supporting the claims made, including descriptions of the R&D projects identified and setting out why the projects are considered eligible for relief.
- Contacting and liaising directly with HM Revenue and Customs on behalf of clients to discuss and obtain agreement of the claims, including attending meetings, telephone calls and drafting written correspondence.
- Examines accounts of industrial, commercial, and other establishments to determine their tax liability and adjusts claims where necessary.
- Managing clients and engagements to ensure that they adhere to schedule.
- Working within the team to create and maintain a pipeline of projects.
- Feedback process improvements to the team and help to further reduce efforts required to deliver a completed project
- Staying abreast of all changes in tax law and precedent.
One Ayming – We’re in it together!
At Ayming, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is limitless. We offer highly competitive remuneration packages to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance and the market.
- The opportunity to join a multi-talented team made up of dual-qualified tax and technical experts, including engineers, scientists, accountants and software specialists to name but a few.
- Genuine responsibility with direct client engagement across a range of sectors including, Technology, Manufacturing, Construction, Food and others.
- Employee referral bonus – We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our Ayming family.
- Being a part of a great team of over 35 innovation consultants and the wider company in our London Bridge office.
- Extensive career development, progression, and training – Continuous development and support not only for your professional qualifications but also for your personal goals and aspirations, so we can grow together.
- Career coaching – Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
- International mobility.
That’s not all – we also offer more Employee perks:
- 25 days holiday per annum with the option to buy an additional 5 days – a time to step back, relax and focus on the things that are important to you
- 5% company pension matched contribution – Looking after your future when it’s time to step back and relax.
- Immediate membership to Healthshield, a ‘well-being’ medical health scheme.
- Day one access to Help@hand an app-based service providing remote GP services and enhanced health support.
- Company laptop & iPhone.
- Private health cover
- Basic salary death in service benefit.
- Summer & Fizzy Fridays, yoga classes, HITT classes, massages, flexible working plus birthday leave.
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25% off gym memberships, leisure centres, boot camps or yoga studios.
- Access to our employee benefit platform (Sodexo) – multiple discounts ranging across high-street stores, grocery shopping, travel and leisure activities.
What to expect:
Here at Ayming we value drive, determination, teamwork and a desire to learn. We believe you get the best of both worlds – with the credentials of a top tier consulting firm and the entrepreneurial spirit and culture of a boutique specialist. You’re not going to be a small cog in a big machine here – we’re a team where every contribution counts and when you go that extra mile, you’ll get the recognition you deserve. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, delivering exceptional results for clients and making a genuine contribution to the growth and success of the UK business.
How to Apply:
Please send us your CV using the link on the page.