Senior Consultant: R&D
Location: More London Riverside, London Bridge, SE1
Main purpose of the job:
The Consultant will be responsible for providing specialist advice to Ayming UK’s clients on R&D tax reliefs, including the technical, tax and financial aspects of the relief schemes. A key aspect of the role will be the management and preparation of written reports supporting claims for R&D tax reliefs.
The Consultant will be expected to maintain excellent client relationships across a portfolio of cases and may also be asked to support the sales team in business development, proposals and other sales activities.
In particular, the Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients/targets at all stages of the sales and production process in order to discuss R&D reliefs. This is likely to include both finance and senior technical contacts.
- Interviewing in-house technical staff in order to gain an understanding of their activities to permit an assessment to be made as to whether the activity is eligible R&D for the purposes of the reliefs being sought.
- Working with the relevant client contacts to gather detailed financial, HR and any other data to facilitate the calculation of the relief, including where necessary designing methodologies for quantifying the eligible R&D expenditure.
- Preparing and reviewing structured reports in support of the claims made, including descriptions of the R&D projects identified and setting out why the projects are considered eligible for relief.
- Contacting and liaising directly with HM Revenue and Customs on behalf of clients to discuss and obtain agreement of the claims, including attending meetings, telephone calls and drafting written correspondence.
- Examines accounts of industrial, commercial and other establishments to determine their tax liability and adjusts claims where necessary;
- Staying abreast of all changes in tax law and precedent;
Our ideal candidate will have worked within the R&D space for at least 2-3 years.
One Ayming – We’re in it together!
At Ayming, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is limitless. We offer highly competitive remuneration packages to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance and the market.
- The opportunity to join a multi-talented team made up of dual-qualified tax and technical experts, including engineers, scientists, accountants and software specialists to name but a few.
- Genuine responsibility with direct client engagement across a range of sectors including, Technology, Manufacturing, Construction, Food and others.
- Employee referral bonus – We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our Ayming family.
- Being a part of a great team of over 35 innovation consultants and the wider company in our London Bridge office.
- Extensive career development, progression, and training – Continuous development and support not only for your professional qualifications but also for your personal goals and aspirations, so we can grow together.
- Career coaching – Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
- International mobility.
That’s not all – we also offer more Employee perks:
- 25 days holiday per annum with the option to buy an additional 5 days – a time to step back, relax and focus on the things that are important to you
- 5% company pension matched contribution – Looking after your future when it’s time to step back and relax.
- Immediate membership to Healthshield, a ‘well-being’ medical health scheme.
- Day one access to Help@hand an app-based service providing remote GP services and enhanced health support.
- Company laptop & iPhone.
- Private health cover
- Basic salary death in service benefit.
- Summer & Fizzy Fridays, yoga classes, HITT classes, massages, flexible working plus birthday leave.
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25% off gym memberships, leisure centres, boot camps or yoga studios.
- Access to our employee benefit platform (Sodexo) – multiple discounts ranging across high-street stores, grocery shopping, travel and leisure activities.
What to expect:
Here at Ayming we value drive, determination, teamwork and a desire to learn. We believe you get the best of both worlds – with the credentials of a top tier consulting firm and the entrepreneurial spirit and culture of a boutique specialist. You’re not going to be a small cog in a big machine here – we’re a team where every contribution counts and when you go that extra mile, you’ll get the recognition you deserve. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, delivering exceptional results for clients and making a genuine contribution to the growth and success of the UK business.
How to Apply:
Please send us your CV using the link on the page.