33 King William Street, London, EC4R 9AY
9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday standard working hours, dependent on client demands.
Innovation Management Team
Main purpose of the job:
The Consultant will be responsible for providing specialist advice to Ayming UK’s clients on R&D tax reliefs, including the technical, tax and financial aspects of the relief schemes. A key aspect of the role will be the management and preparation of written reports supporting claims for R&D tax reliefs.
The Consultant will be expected to maintain excellent client relationships across a portfolio of cases and may also be asked to support the sales team in business development, proposals and other sales activities.
In particular, the Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients/targets at all stages of the sales and production process in order to discuss R&D reliefs. This is likely to include both finance and senior technical contacts.
- Interviewing in-house technical staff in order to gain an understanding of their activities so as to permit an assessment to be made as to whether the activity is eligible R&D for the purposes of the reliefs being sought.
- Working with the relevant client contacts to gather detailed financial, HR and any other data to facilitate the calculation of the relief, including where necessary designing methodologies for quantifying the eligible R&D expenditure.
- Preparing and reviewing structured reports in support of the claims made, including descriptions of the R&D projects identified and setting out why the projects are considered eligible for relief.
- Contacting and liaising directly with HM Revenue and Customs on behalf of clients to discuss and obtain agreement of the claims, including attending meetings, telephone calls and drafting written correspondence.
Skills and personal qualities:
Excellent communication, presentation and language skills are essential, including the ability to explain complex tax and technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Experience of writing technical documentation and professional correspondence would also be preferable. In addition, any experience in professional practice, accountancy or tax roles, or experience in dealing with HMRC, would be desirable.
As a general rule, we would expect Consultants to have a degree within the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
At Ayming, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is limitless.
We offer highly competitive remuneration packages to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance and the market.
More reasons to apply:
- 💷💷💷 Competitive salary
- 🏠📍Hybrid working environment – 3 days a week in the office
- 🎉 🎊 Vibrant, purposeful, and social environment – famous social team arranging regular socials and adventurous activities.
- Holiday 🏖️ 25 days per year
- Birthday Leave
- Employee referrals 💰 £1,000 per referral hired from your network
- Keeping you fed 🥙 Our kitchen is always stocked up
That’s not all – we also offer more Employee perks:
- 💷 5% Company Pension matched contribution – Looking after your future when it’s time to step back and relax
- 💛 Immediate membership to Healthshield, a ‘well-being’ medical health scheme.
- 🏥 Day one access to Help@hand an app-based service providing remote GP services and enhanced health support.
- 💻📱 Company Laptop & iPhone.
- 🏥 Private Health Cover
- 💷 x4 Basic Salary Death in Service Benefit.
- 🎉💎☀️ 🍺 🤸🏾♀️🤸🏻🥋Summer & Fizzy Fridays, Yoga classes, HITT Classes, Massages, Flexible working plus Birthday leave.
- 🚲 Cycle to Work scheme
- 🧘🏾♀️ 🏋🏽♂️🏋🏼25% off Gym memberships, Leisure centres, Bootcamps or Yoga studios – Focus on welfare – gym membership, wellness challenges, EAP and health cash plan
- 🛍 🛒 Access to our Employee Benefit Platform (Sodexo) – multiple discounts ranging across Highstreet stores, Grocery Shopping, Travel and Leisure activities.
What to expect:
Here at Ayming we value drive, determination, teamwork and a desire to learn. We believe you get the best of both worlds – with the credentials of a top tier consulting firm and the entrepreneurial spirit and culture of a boutique specialist. You’re not going to be a small cog in a big machine here – you’ll be a part of a supportive team, where your contribution matters!!!!
We’re excited and proud to announce that we are a Great Place To Work Certified™ Employer and we’ve been recently recognised as a UK’s Best Workplace™ for Wellbeing by Great Place to Work® UK!
Our Company culture is our top priority!!!!
Our Aymers define us – their ideas, feedback, and spirit of comradery drive Ayming UK to continuously improve our employee experience.
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity, look no further – We’d love to have you join the family