Assistant Manager: Innovation
Location: More London Riverside, London Bridge, SE1
Main purpose of the job:
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for providing specialist advice to Ayming UK’s clients on R&D tax reliefs, including the technical, tax and financial aspects of the relief schemes.
A key aspect of the role will be the management of larger claims, in addition to displaying commercial awareness during claims and with clients.
Assistant Managers will be expected to maintain excellent client relationships across a portfolio of engagements and may also be asked to support the sales team in business development, proposals, and other sales activities.
Our ideal candidate will have worked within the R&D space for at least 3-4 years.
Assistant Managers are expected to:
- Demonstrate maturity during client engagements and amongst peers;
- Work within the more challenging areas/ methodologies of R&D tax, whilst building compelling viewpoints and rational behind decisions and thought processes;
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as business development opportunities, discussing them with senior leadership
- Ensure that the Ayming’s quality control procedures are adhered to as appropriate
- Assist with Marketing activities and events as required
- Project manage claims by continuously liaising with clients, colleagues and key contacts at HMRC to ensure claims are optimised and deadlines are met within required time frame.
In conjunction with client forecasting and supporting/leading on enquiry processes, Assistant Managers are also expected to:
- Assess projects technically in line with HMRC guidelines;
- Assisting with Recruitment, Training and Marketing activities / events as required;
- Supporting leadership with the management of the Claims team including reporting, training and process improvements;
- Manage/mentor Associate Consultants and Consultants;
- Lead client engagements;
- Be the main point of contact for queries.
One Ayming – We’re in it together!
At Ayming, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is limitless. We offer highly competitive remuneration packages to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance and the market.
- The opportunity to join a multi-talented team made up of dual-qualified tax and technical experts, including engineers, scientists, accountants and software specialists to name but a few.
- Genuine responsibility with direct client engagement across a range of sectors including, Technology, Manufacturing, Construction, Food and others.
- Employee Referral Bonus – We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our Ayming family.
- Being a part of a great team of over 35 innovation consultants and the wider company in our London Bridge office.
- Extensive career development, progression, and training – Continuous development and support not only for your professional qualifications but also for your personal goals and aspirations, so we can grow together.
- Career Coaching – Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
- International mobility.
That’s not all – we also offer more Employee perks:
- 25 Days Holiday per annum with the option to buy an additional 5 days – a time to step back, relax and focus on the things that are important to you
- 5% Company Pension matched contribution – Looking after your future when it’s time to step back and relax.
- Immediate membership to Healthshield, a ‘well-being’ medical health scheme.
- Day one access to Help@hand an app-based service providing remote GP services and enhanced health support.
- Company Laptop & iPhone.
- Private Health Cover
- Basic Salary Death in Service Benefit.
- Summer & Fizzy Fridays, Yoga classes, HITT Classes, Massages, Flexible working plus Birthday leave.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 25% off Gym memberships, Leisure centres, Bootcamps or Yoga studios.
- Access to our Employee Benefit Platform (Sodexo) – multiple discounts ranging across Highstreet stores, Grocery Shopping, Travel and Leisure activities.
What to expect:
Here at Ayming we value drive, determination, teamwork and a desire to learn. We believe you get the best of both worlds – with the credentials of a top tier consulting firm and the entrepreneurial spirit and culture of a boutique specialist. You’re not going to be a small cog in a big machine here – we’re a team where every contribution counts and when you go that extra mile, you’ll get the recognition you deserve. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, delivering exceptional results for clients and making a genuine contribution to the growth and success of the UK business.
How to Apply:
Please send us your CV using the link on the page.