Senior VAT Consultant
A great opportunity to join our VAT team, based in our More London Riverside Office.
We are looking for a proactive and motivated VAT Consultant to join our UK team. The VAT Consultant will be responsible for duties that include (but are not limited to):
- VAT registrations in UK, EU and ROW
- VAT compliance (Returns, statutory declarations, such as ESL and Intrastat) in UK and ROW
- VAT consulting/advisory of a broad nature from quick VAT helpline queries to more in-depth consultancy, reviews and health checks
- Process improvements both internally and for clients
- Correspondence with HMRC
- Attendance at HMRC VAT inspections, if required
- Keeping up to date with legislation
- First point of contact for global network for UK issues
- Able to mentor more junior staff
- Contribution towards Business Development
- Identifying new opportunities for clients
- Monthly billing cycles
- Minimum of 4 years’ work experience in VAT
- Strong knowledge of UK VAT, whether in certain industry sectors or more broadly
- Educated to at least A-Level or equivalent (degree preferable, but not absolutely necessary)
- CTA (or willingness to study), or QBE
- Able to manipulate and analyse large quantities of data
- Knowledge of EU VAT
- Motivated ‘self-starter’ and a hard worker
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to talk knowledgeably with colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Diligent and methodical
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
Ayming is an international consultancy group headquartered in Paris, France. We have 16 offices worldwide and over 1500 staff. We help businesses of all shapes and sizes to improve their performance across a range of strategic areas.
In the UK we are primarily focused on specialist advisory services covering innovation financing, taxes, procurement, supply chain and operational efficiency. Our clients range from dynamic start-ups through to FTSE 100 firms, and span most industry sectors.
Based in iconic More London Riverside, our UK team of 60 is constantly growing. You can expect a modern office environment in a great location, working as part of a sociable and hardworking team.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to shine then you’ve come to the right place. You’ve got the best of both worlds, with the credentials of a top tier consulting firm and the entrepreneurial spirit and culture of a boutique specialist. We value drive, determination and a desire to learn, and are proud to have helped to develop many individuals within our teams based on their merit. We’ve been able to offer the kind of opportunities to achieve promotions and progress careers that are few and far between in other consultancy firms.
You’re not going to be a small cog in a big wheel here – we’re a team where every contribution counts. Our people are empowered to take ownership of their work, delivering exceptional results for clients and making a genuine contribution to the growth and success of the UK business. You’ll have visibility with Directors and senior management; and when you go that extra mile, you’ll get the recognition you deserve.
To apply for this role, please send us your CV and cover letter.